Since vodka is vegan, and since wine sometimes gives me a headache, here’s my husband’s Rama’s Lemon Drop Martini recipe. It’s simple, tasty, and so classy for company. Another great thing about this wonderful drink is that most bartenders know how to make it. Make it yours too!
- 1 1/2 ounce good quality vodka
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur (Triple Sec, Grand Marnier, or Cointreau)
- 1 teaspoon super fine sugar
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Twisted lemon peel, for garnish
Mix the vodka, orange liqueur, sugar, and lemon juice in a shaker half-filled with ice. Shake well (some say 40 times is key). Pour strained liqueur in a martini cocktail glass and garnish with the lemon twist.
Note that the original way of serving this is in a sugar-rimmed glass, but for ease of making, and because sugar isn’t all that great for you, Rama and I omit the sugar on the rim! Cheers!